Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pea Salad

Dear sweet Jesus, shoot me if I ever blog about pea salad.  I was taking in a dose of reading some blogs from some friends of mine and wishing I had kids as happy as them when I realized that these stay at home moms are blogging about peas.  PEAS.  As in those delicious little green balls.  Why are we blogging about peas?  I can only assume there is nothing else in this world that can occupy a mind that sits at home with happy little kids.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to swap, but you can bet I wouldn't blog about peas.  Oh the irony.

Today I ate nothing except for a pear, 5 pecans, and 10 kernels of popcorn.  I drank a lot of tea.  Then I came home and devoured an entire quesadilla, beans, and a large horchata.  I have been hating myself for this all night and took some laxatives to get it out sooner.  I realize I am doing something wrong but it just feels too awful to eat and when I do it feels to awful to keep it in.

I have a skewed perception of myself.  I am constantly asking my husband if someone looks to be about my size so that I can get an idea of how big I look.  Because I honestly can't tell.  To me all I see is ridiculously large breasts, rubbing thighs, a double chin, fat upper arms, and the roll of back fat from where my bra cuts in.  I wish I had a job where I moved around all day and burned calories.  I feel like I will never be thin.

I am gearing up to be surrounded by kids in a few days.  My nephews specifically.  I am excited to see them but also know that last time I cried all night for 2 nights.  It is sincerely painful to have a little boy put his tiny hand on my cheek.  Painful to have a little boy tell me he loves me.  Devastating to see a little boy go unnoticed.  Every time I write about kids I realize how much I suppress because automatically the tears start coming.  I feel like Superman, acting all normal during the day yet completely out of my element, and then I come home and look through as many walls as I want.  Forgive my failed metaphor.

Also, today a strange occurrence unfolded on my way to work.  It was unbelievably foggy and I couldn't see more than 5 yards ahead.  Some guy tailed me and tried to pass me on a two way road.  He almost crashed into two vehicles, fish tailed, spun out and hit a ditch at 45 MPH and flipped over.  There was no place for me to stop to help so I had to call it in.  What was strange is I kept wishing that he had hit me, or that I was in the ditch.  I hardly ever have those kind of thoughts, it is more I wish I was never born or cease to exist kind of thoughts.  But literally, I was envious that I was not in the ditch.  That feeling was so disgusting to me that I cried from being mad at myself.

I am biding my time to be able to talk to my husband about my issues going to a doctor.  I have wanted to tell him every night but I don't want to burden him with something new to worry about.  Honestly, I wish he would have married someone who is better for him than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment