Monday, January 2, 2012

Beauty and the Beat

I know that I do not have a high self esteem.  I constantly think about my weight.  I look in the mirror and hate literally everything I see.  And I know this is just me being crazy.  I was in a store the other day and didn't know there was a mirror in front of me and when I saw myself, for a moment, I wasn't sending daggers to every flaw on my body.  It was a strange sensation.  I will see a different person when I see a mirror and when I see a picture.  I realize I do not photograph as heavy as I think I am.  I don't know why I hate my body so much.

I heard someone say that they wanted to be the kind of wife that loves their husband and loves themselves. I wish I could do that.  I know it pains my husband to hear me fret over my image.  I feel like I hate anything I can't change.  And that leaves a lot of things to hate.

So I beat myself up, all the time.  There isn't a single thing about me that I am comfortable with.  I would change into a completely different person if I could.

I spend time bathing and scratching my skin to get all the dead skin off (somehow I think this makes me cleaner and thinner) and this week I did it too hard and drew blood behind my knee.  It didn't bother me. And I hate the idea of liking pain.  I don't like that it leans towards a cutter personality.  I don't like that when I read about tips to avoid cravings they encourage me to do that and I want to.  But I wouldn't.  One thing about my husband is he has his degree in psychology and reads about all this stuff.  So he would know if he saw scars.  I hide everything else well.  I always eat around him.  The only time I eat is around him.  To him, I always eat.  But in reality I am keeping under 500 calories a day.  At work I eat around 75 calories a day.  Or drink, rather.  Usually miso soup and broth, and tea.  Then I am free to eat around 400 calories around him.

Funny, you would think I'd be a lot thinner.  Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment